Our Virtual Office is staffed Mon-Wed-Fri from 10am to Noon (Pacific Time Zone). Drop in to ask a question at the Reception or chat with a Mentor. No appointment needed.
The SCORE Portland Virtual Office is an online networking space set up in the Gather.town application. You do not need to create an account or log in, and you do not need to download any software. All you need is a browser (Chrome best, or Firefox - sorry, Safari cannot be used yet) and a computer with a webcam and microphone. Once you click on the link to enter the space, make sure to allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone.
When you enter the space for the first time, you will be asked to give your name and to confirm the use of your webcam and microphone. After you join the gathering, you will appear as a little avatar at the bottom of the screen; the room should look like this:
If you don't see the whole space, use your browser controls to zoom out.
Here are a few pointers on using the space
- Use the arrow keys on the keyboard, not your mouse, to move your avatar around the space.
- Your own video feed will be shown at right bottom; others will be shown at the top.
- Our Virtual Office has an open central area, a number of private spaces which are indicated by a carpet-like texture, and the Reception area.
- When you are in a private space, you can only communicate with others in that one private space; when you leave the space, you lose contact with others in that space.
- When you are in the central area, you will be able to communicate with others who are close to you - a few paces.