Are you new to the importing business or plan to start soon? Do you need a refresher on your existing importing knowledge? This webinar will provide valuable insights to help you jumpstart your importing operation. Areas covered include but are not limited to the import process, the role of US Customs and Customs House Brokers, and your responsibilities as the importer on record. The webinar will also help you familiarize yourself with the differences between DeMinimus, formal, and informal entries. The basics of product classification using the Harmonized System (HS), the essential documents required by US Customs when you import, an introduction to the Incoterms 2020, and resources you can use to increase your knowledge about Importing Into The USA.
At the end of this webinar, you should be able to:
• Identify the skill sets you need to start an import business.
• Learn the steps in a typical import transaction process.
• Understand your responsibilities before filing Entry documents with Customs as the importer on record.
• Learn the basics of your product classification, admissibility, valuation, record keeping, marking, Free Trade Agreement, and Incoterms-2020.
• Understand the difference between Informal & Formal Customs Entry and the essential documents required by Customs.
• Learn what you should tell your exporter before you import.
• Locate importing resources.
Presenter: Tekle Sebhatu, Ph.D., has over 24 years of domestic and international business experience. As a consultant and trainer, he has worked with private and public/private partnership organizations to help companies enter and expand into the global markets. He has taught international trade, importing and exporting, and other business courses at several higher education institutions. He is a SCORE Portland mentor.