SCORE Portland Chapter
The Portland Chapter, has roughly 65 - 70 members and over 4,000 clients a year, has one of the strongest programs in the nation, and we are still growing.
We need counselors in all business disciplines including accounting, law, finance, marketing, manufacturing, and human resources. Volunteers interested in developing workshops, promoting chapter activities, and assisting with chapter management are also welcome.
SCORE volunteers provide confidential business mentoring services, both in person and online. We lead seminars and workshops to help small business owners meet their goals and achieve success. We help expand outreach of SCORE through marketing and alliance building in our local communities. We provide subject matter expertise by industries and professional skills.
Volunteering as a SCORE mentor means you are joining a community of 13,000 diverse volunteers who are all committed to helping small business owners succeed. Whether you have owned your own small business, come from a Fortune 500 company, retired, college student, have a sincere commitment for helping small businesses or volunteering, there is a place for you as SCORE volunteer.
As a SCORE Volunteer You Can:
- Share your success and expertise through mentoring
- Lead workshops and seminars
- Provide online or telephone mentoring directly from your home or office
- Serve in a leadership capacity with SCORE
- Serve within other capacity at SCORE (Marketing, IT, administration, finance, fundraising, HR, etc.)
- Have flexibility with your volunteering time
Benefits of Volunteering:
- SCORE volunteers enjoy a variety of personal, local and national rewards. As a SCORE Volunteer, you:
- Enjoy the satisfaction of contributing to the success of others
- Share great experience with other SCORE volunteers
- Provide leadership in the business community
- Gain recognition and respect as a business mentor
- Grow professionally and personally
- Participate in lifelong learning
- Make new friends
Volunteer Code of Ethics
All business counselors honor a code of ethics that ensures client confidentiality and professional conduct and no SCORE counselor may provide services for monetary compensation.